Dr. Daniel Z. Lieberman, co-author of the international bestseller of The Molecule of More joins CJ to understand exactly why we believe a Yeti cooler keeps our drink that much colder. Join them to learn the impact of dopamine on your decisions and the tangible ways you can take control from unconscious to conscious.
What We Discuss in this Episode:
- What is dopamine and why don’t we talk more about it? Why is it that the people who are most able to afford a beach house are the least able to enjoy it? (6:15 to 12:49)
- What are the forces influencing the decisions we make and how can we become more aware of them? Why is it that self-development and growth isn’t “10 easy steps”? (13:45 to 17:)
- How do you control your unconscious mind… and why should you care about it? (23:40 to 34:50)
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Email CJ to receive a complimentary The Molecule of More or Spellbound: Spellbound: Modern Science, Ancient Magic, and the Unconscious Mind
- Take The Achiever’s Compass
Daniel Z. Lieberman
Daniel Z. Lieberman, MD is a clinical professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at George Washington University. He studied the Great Books at St. John’s College and attended medical school at New York University. Dr. Lieberman is an award-winning teacher, a recipient of the Caron Foundation Research Award, and has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. He has provided insight on psychiatric topics for the US Department of Health and Human Services, the US Department of Commerce, and the Office of Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Dr. Lieberman is the coauthor of the international bestseller The Molecule of More, which has been translated into 20 languages. His second book, Spellbound: Modern Science, Ancient Magic, and the Unconscious Mind explores the intersection of neuroscience and mysticism as it relates to our experience of our unconscious.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!