(Subscribe to the Podcast Here)
What We Discuss in this Episode:
- We know life is about compromise, but once we know why you have been placed on this earth, you can life an uncompromised life that centers on your purpose.
- Finding your purpose requires you to take the uncommon road. You might have to reflect and do things that are uncomfortable and unpopular. But it is the root of happiness.
- To find your purpose, start the process by thinking about what you’re really good at doing, what you’re passionate about, and what you would do for free.
- Practically, the way to keep your purpose front and center is to find what fills you up and get in that space before the day starts.
- When you are acting within your purpose, other people can sense that and will seek you out. Delaying that process only adds stress to your life.
- We can’t always determine what our purpose is because we need to embrace the process and life experience that allows that clarity to come.
- All meaningful purposes will impact others in a positive way.
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Take The Achiever’s Compass
- Email CJ to get a free copy of Uncompromising
- Connect with Steve White
- Glorious by Macklemore
- Moms In Prayer International
- New Leaders
Steve White’s path from the housing projects to president of Comcast was punctuated by defining, and often heart-wrenching, moments. Moments that lead him to associating uncompromising with never giving up, always looking to learn and improve, investing in yourself, and maintaining a positive attitude through it all.
Steven A. White grew up as the son of a fiercely determined and hard-working single mother. His family moved often in the hopes of creating a better life and future. From Florida to Georgia and eventually Indiana, Steve was influenced by his mother’s strong will and work ethic. It was her incredible resolve that led him to be the first in his family to pursue a college education at Indiana University and a successful career in sales, marketing, and general management.
As President of Comcast’s West Division for eleven years, Steve White created a culture defined by Working Together To Win Together. Driven by continuous learning, radical responsibility, and an unwavering commitment to excellence, Comcast’s West Division became a pacesetter by delivering industry-leading results. Steve White was responsible for all Comcast Cable operations in the Western U.S., leading nearly thirty thousand employees, serving almost ten million customers, and driving annual revenue of nearly $18 billion.
Steve currently serves on the board of directors for Hormel Foods, W.W Grainger, Shaw Communications, and New Leaders. He’s a member of the Colorado Forum, Executive Leadership Council, and Delta Eta Boulé of Denver. Steve is also an executive in residence for the University of Denver. Having experienced his own success thanks to the advice of key mentors, Steve now offers guidance to others in support of businesses across the country.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!