What We Discuss in this Episode:
- Take The Achiever’s Compass for a personalized report of how you can start finding joy in the journey.
- As achievers, we are wired to ‘win.’ There is an upside – more money, more vacations, more opportunities. However, if we don’t stop comparing our success to others, we will never be able to find joy.
- Comparison forces you to constantly raise to goal. No matter how much you have, there will always be someone else who has more.
- Social media has aggravated this issue, inundating us with constant reminders of other people who have outachieved you. But you don’t have to let this take control of your life.
- Consider redefining success this way: Your ability to utilize your unique talents, build meaningful relationships with people you care about, and live in the moment.
- Embrace your uniqueness. Recognize the fact that there are paths you do want to take, and do not want to take, in light of that uniqueness.
- Stop and recognize when you do it. Don’t try to stop doing it altogether, because it’s impossible to repress the initial thought.
- Live gratefully, give generously. It is difficult to compare yourself negatively to others when you are truly grateful for what you have.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!