What We Discuss in this Episode
- High performing professionals can get trapped into thinking that if I can achieve (insert goal), then all my problems will disappear. Only then will they consider pursuing their purpose. The problem is, they never get there.
- The majority of people are filled with regret at the end of their lives. They are stuck reading the narrative of their lives and they hate what they’re reading.
- You can trust that the universe is bumping into you all the time. Start paying attention to that, and listen to what your natural inclinations draw your toward.
- “Learned Helplessness” is the idea that I need something outside of myself to make life happen. To be intentional is to stop waiting for things to happen.
- Navy Seals are trained that when you have hit a wall, and are completely done, you still have 80% in you.
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Take The Achiever’s Compass Assessment
- Alliance Bernstein Advisor Institute
- Simon Sinek, Find Your Why
- Mike Rowe, TED Talk: Learning from Dirty Jobs
- Ability Potentials: Aptitude Testing and Career Guidance
- Connect with Dr. Ken Haman
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!