What We Discuss in this Episode:
- We are more connected than ever. Even outside of the pandemic, this leads to more stress and anxiety than ever before.
- We give ourselves the worst pain because the worry and anxiety about the future is worse than the pain of the moment.
- It starts with acknowledging the problem. We have to admit that we are obsessed with controlling the future.
- The work-life balance is a myth. The minute you can take work home, you are able to work from home.
- Don’t respond to or check emails after a certain time.
- Plan your time off. Whether it’s spending time with family, or reading a book, or watching a movie, but don’t leave it unstructured because you will quickly fall back into glancing at your email or opening your laptop.
- Instead of using your cell phone as an alarm, spend the $10 and buy a small alarm clock. If your phone is next to your bed, you will check it.
Mentioned in the Podcast:
- Take The Achiever’s Compass Assessment
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps!