The Sustainable Development Solutions Network just released the 2023 World Happiness Report.
The report identifies eight key areas that directly impact happiness and well-being:
- physical and mental health
- human relationships (in the family, at work and in the community)
- income and employment
- character virtues, including trust and behaviors intended to benefit others
- social support
- personal freedom
- lack of corruption
- effective government
While we might not have a lot of impact on our government’s effectiveness or our country’s level of corruption, the top four categories are ones we can do something about.
- Choose one small change you want to make to positively impact your health or relationships.
- Block time on your calendar to make sure it happens.
- When you misstep (because we’re all human), forgive yourself and move on.
P.S. Read the full 2023 World Happiness Report from The Sustainable Development Solutions Network.