What does it mean to be successful?
Over the years, I’ve seen a handful of ideas:
- Hard work – success is directly related to the amount of effort you put toward any endeavor.
- Perseverance – success is the ability to bounce back from failure.
- Making a Difference – success is directly related to what you give back to the world.
- Do Your Best – success is how much you get out of the talents you’ve been given.
Each of these ideas are all important ingredients of success.
However, if success is ever going to bring you satisfaction, it must be linked to what drives you – not what the world insists is important.
Consider another approach:
- What are your unique skills?
- What comes easily to you?
- What do you enjoy doing the most?
We might not have the freedom to change our entire career, but we all have the capacity to move closer to work we love and feel suited to do well.