Specifically, I’m going to significantly dial back use of the “F” word.
For many years, this was my New Year’s resolution.
It typically lasted about 48 hours.
You’ve likely had a similar experience.
We want to change, but it never seems to last. As a result, most people assume they’re incapable of making meaningful change in their life.
This simply isn’t true.
Instead of getting caught up in the “resolution” trap, here’s a proven approach for becoming the best version of yourself in 2021.
- Set aside at least 1 hour and brainstorm every change in behavior you’d like to make in 2021 (e.g. – Exercise 5 days a week, stop smoking, etc.)
- Narrow that list down to the 5 that you feel would make the biggest impact in your life.
- For each of these list a specific benefit to your life if you would make the change.
- Based on the details from #3, narrow the list to 2.
- Share these 2 with someone you care about who can help hold you accountable next year.