CH 2: Paradigm Shift
Certain paradigms are influencing how you view the world every day. Over the years, these concepts are forged and become extremely difficult to change. The first step towards contentment is exploring your personal definition of success and how it’s impacted your happiness.
In this chapter, you learned that your current definition of success affects every decision that you make. In this exercise, I’m going to challenge you to explore how this paradigm has negatively impacted your happiness over the years.
Here’s how this works:
- Select at least three examples of decisions you’ve made in your life that were influenced by your need to chase after success.
- Talk about the beliefs that led you to make these decisions.
- Detail the negative consequences of these decisions.
What Drives You?: For success to bring you satisfaction, it needs to be linked to what drives you- not what the world insists is important. Here is a short article about why you do what you do which hopefully can help guide you while trying to create your definition of success.
Meditations for a New Paradigm: This app helps you refresh and renew through guided meditations that will enhance your daily life. It can be found for $7.99 on google play and can help get you in the right mindset during this journey.
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
- Tuesday’s with Morrie: An Old Man, A Young Man, and Life’s Greatest Lesson
- The Last Lecture
- When Breathe Becomes Air
- The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard
- Change or Die: The Three Keys to Change at Work and in Life
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
- Managing Thought: Think Differently. Think Powerfully. Achieve New Levels of Success